Not Just Another Therapist
“Twenty-six years ago my wife and I separated after 15 years of marriage. It was over. At that point, someone introduced us to a system and taught us four basic skills and here we are celebrating our forty second anniversary this year. I have taught that same system and those four basic skills to hundreds of couples over the last twenty five years. The system and skills apply whether couples are just beginning a relationship, wanting to improve an existing relationship or are into a second or third partnership. They can work for you as well.”
John began training in Imago Therapy with its founder, Harville Hendrix. As a result, he became both a clinical therapist and a presenter in the Getting the Love You Want workshops. John has been involved in relationship workshops, as well as providing therapy throughout the United States and Canada for the past 25 years. He was the first international therapist trained by Dr. Hendrix, but there are now Imago therapists in over 35 countries.
Counsellor, Minister, Teacher, Volunteer
In addition, John was a clergyman, a high school and college professor, a sports coach at both the high school and college levels, and a counsellor in various settings both private and in the not-for-profit sector. He and his wife spent six years in Zambia, Central Africa. They worked for three years as secondary school teachers and then for three years at the National Level, working with adults as animators of the Development Education Program, tying faith with development, and with youth as animators of Christian Life Communities.
Through his many roles working with people, he has acquired vast experience in getting to know and helping others through difficult times.
- M.A. Masters in Counselling Psychology 1989, Alfred Adler Institute of Professional Psychology, Chicago
- STB Bachelor in Sacred Theology 1968, St. Michael’s College, University of Toronto
- BA Honours Philosophy and English 1962, University of Toronto
- Certified Imago Therapist 1991, trained by Dr. Harville Hendrix
- Certified Imago Workshop Presenter 1993, trained by Dr. Harville Hendrix
- Member of OACCPP, The Association of Registered Psychotherapists and Mental Health Professionals